Sunday, July 17, 2011

The (Not-So) Funny?

Brittany Gibbons is funny. Not just "Oh, that's silly" funny. She is "I just laughed so hard I snorted and possibly may have pooped my pants an eensy bit" funny. Seriously, check her out here: http://barefootfoodie.com/

I try to read her stories to my husband, and I think because of all my laughing and snorting, the humor in the story is lost. HOWEVER, since you don't have to sit through my rendition of her anecdotes, you'll probably find them as funny as I do. So go...be amused. And if you're a fan of poop humor, read "Backed Up."

I am not Brittany-Gibbons-funny. I wish I were, because then I could make a bunch of money writing stream-of-consciousness stories about how my 17-month-old is driving me crazy or how my husband will probably NEVER, EVER hang up the shower-water-soaked towel he uses when he's done with it. Because that's my life right now. Be jealous.

So here's the deal. Right now I'm watching My Strange Addiction on TLC and like...are they serious? Some guy eats bullets and champagne glasses. One guy is married to a silicone sex doll. This woman can't stop picking her scabs.

And I come to a sudden, blinding realization: I could never, ever be a therapist. I'd honestly either laugh at my clients or I'd just stare at them in judgmental disbelief. Um...of course it's not healthy to eat drywall, you lunatic.

Anywho, that's all the cleverness I can wring out of my little brain for the evening. Puh-leeeeez stick with me. I promise I'll get cooler and funnier.

Oh, and also follow me on Twitter: @KSchinsky

PS - any of my friends on Facebook who saw the picture I posted earlier of my "Habanero Cheese" (what the crap, right?)...totally not worth it. At least not on a burger with sour cream and Lays potato chips.

Buh-bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment