Friday, July 15, 2011

"Ewww..."

There are things you expect to hear out of your 16-month-old's mouth. For instance, with Logan, I expect to hear things like Mama, Dada, "'mote" (remote), car, "Bob" (Spongebob), and Elmo. Earlier today, though, I heard a new one.

I was in the kitchen, cleaning up the last of my dinner mess from last night, when I heard Logan in the living room.

"Ew," he says, playing with his blocks.
"Ew? What's ew, buddy?"
"Ewwww." He looks over his shoulder at me and laughs.
"Ewwww!" I grin and laugh back at him. Then he gets up and trots into the kitchen.
"Ewwwwww! Mama!" Suddenly he looks very concerned and is squatting over and pointing excitedly at his behind.
Ohhhhh. Now I get it. So I pick him up, and sure enough...ewwwww.

I think this sort of epitomizes life with a toddler. Ew.

2 comments:

  1. Lol that is hilarious! "Ewww mamma!" I pooped! yay! lol kids are adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. An early sign that he's getting ready to potty train? Maybe! At 19 months, Oliver started to get fascinated with use using "the potty" and wanted to lift the seat for us and flush when we were finished. We waited until 20 months before trying seriously, but he got pee-trained in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete